“Mystery Babylon, the Mother of Harlots in Revelation Identified”
Who is this woman in the Book of Revelation that is adorned in high fashion, expensive jewelry, wears a tiara, and advanced to the Divine throne of royalty?
In Revelation, “Babylon” is a code word for the mystery city. The book is not about ancient Babylon nor modern day Iraq. Babylon was used as a sign to disguise in military-type code, the identity of the city. Why? It’s because this city was marked for destruction. The political climate of the day made it extremely dangerous to speak openly of destroying this city, (Acts 6:14) especially by Christians who were viewed as its chief enemies. The preaching of’s impending destruction led to Stephen’s martyrdom, (Acts 7).
Its connection with ancient Babylon was its moral decay and idolatry. Ancient Babylon’s fall was precipitated by their pride and disrespect for God, the persecution of God’s people and the profaning of the temple’s holy vessels . Thus Belshazzar’s feast led to the demise of his kingdom. Hence the term Mystery Babylon.
1. “The Great City”, –Where The Lord Was Crucified)
Further identifying Mystery Babylon as the great city (Revelation 17:18; 18:10), leads us to clue number one. The great city of Revelation is identified as the city spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.” (Revelation 11:8)
Besides the actual city, there is only one city in the Bible ever referred to as Sodom. It is Jerusalem, (Deuteronomy 32:32; Isaiah 1:10). The description, where also our Lord was crucified is strong evidence pointing to Jerusalem. Further, it could not be that a prophet perish outside of Jerusalem, Luke 13:33. Jerusalem was called the city of the great King. (Matthew 5:35) To the Jews it was the greatest city in the world.
2. The Golden Cup of Abominations
The imagery of the filled cup of iniquity indicates that God’s period of longsuffering had run
its course. Genesis 15:16 shows why God expelled the Amorites from the land in order that Israel might inherit Canaan. The reason he did not do so immediately was because the iniquity of the Amorites was not yet full. Their cup of sin yet had room for more and did not run its course until the time of the Exodus.
Jesus spoke to the people of Jerusalem warning them that they would fill up the measure of their father’s guilt in killing the prophets. See point #3. Paul says they had filled up the measure of their sins and would experience the coming wrath. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-16).
3. God Would Avenge All The Righteous Blood Shed on Earth By Mystery Babylon.
Mystery Babylon was guilty of shedding the blood of the apostles and prophets, (Revelation 18:20). However, God avenged the blood of the apostles and prophets. Not only was their blood be avenged, but God avenged all the blood shed on the earth on Mystery Babylon, (v. 24).
Jesus predicted the same for Jerusalem. In Matthew 23:34-37, Jerusalem is charged with the blood guilt of all the righteous blood shed on the earth up to that time. Jesus would send more wise men, scribes and prophets whom he said they would scourge in their synagogues and persecute from city to city until he destroyed Jerusalem. It therefore matches perfectly with this description.
These are just a small fraction of the what is revealed in the book…
Here are additional themes covered…
- How to identify with precision the things shortly to come to pass
- The terminal generation to witness Christ’s return
- Who would experience the fiery trial
- The focus of the Great Tribulation
- The coming of locusts
- The time of no more delay
- The times, times and a half times,
- The revealing of Mystery Babylon
- Who are the 144,000
- The destiny of Satan,
- The true identity of the beast and much much more!
We’re so confident that this book will enlighten you in a positive way that we’re offering you a 30 day, no questions asked money back guarantee.
Take a moment to read our promise to you.[papertemplate-button]Order Now: Just $19.95 plus shipping[/papertemplate-button]
Bonus for Ordering Today…
I want to thank you in advance for ordering the book. To show my appreciation I would like to give you a gift. When you order you will receive as a bonus:
- Invitation to a live webinar interactive discussion on Who Is This Babylon?: Bring all questions. I will answer as many as time permits: Value $97.00
- A downloadable mp3 copy of the recorded broadcast with PowerPoint slides for your further research and study: Value $37.00
- Special Video Report on the Dating of Revelation Value: $27.00
- Note: Bonuses only available for a limited time, so act today.
Priority [papertemplate-sitename] Order Form
YES! I want these to experience the blessing of the Book of Revelation in my life, faith walk and ministry.
- I understand I will be billed $19.95 today plus shipping for the “[Who Is This Babylon]” book.
- I will receive instant shipment of the book once my order is confirmed. I will also receive notices regarding delivery of bonuses via email.
- I can refund for any reason or no reason whatsoever within the next 30 days and the bonuses are mine to keep even if I decide not to keep the book!
I’m sure you’re read a few books on Revelation and have said many times that there’s nothing new to discover. I felt the same way. I can only tell you what others have said…you’ll hate yourself if you miss out on this one.
Press the order button now. You have everything to gain!
[papertemplate-button]Order Now: Just $19.95 plus shipping[/papertemplate-button]
Don K. Preston, D. Div